Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Am Link

.
Today's probably my last day posting until late next week... tomorrow, off to the Alps I go... anyway, sorry that posting was light yesterday (and presumably will be today too), I've been way too preoccupied staring at subway maps written in German and at pictures of picturesque little mountain towns that I will very soon inhabit like that scene to the left there which is the actual town I will be staying in OH MY GOD... I'm psyched, y'all! Ahem. Tossing that aside for the moment, here's a big round-up of stuff for today, before I quite probably slip back into my Swiss coma.

--- Firstly, I command all y'all to head over to Low Resolution to participate in Joe's Double-Oh Trailer Tournament, wherein We The People get to have our say as to what we think of the best trailers of these Aughts have been. Here's the introduction to the fun at this link, click the previous one for all the polls and trailers and assorted goodnesses to be enjoyed and mentally dissected.

--- That One's Still In - Some word via Slash/Film on the coming remake of Already Perfect Movie Let the Right One In: they are indeed retitling the film Let Me In, which they'd denied they were doing, for one. Also, the film will be set in Reagan-era Colorado. And the release date's been pushed back from next January to next Fall. Yeah. I... don't know what to say about this. Hopefully it's good. On second thought I think the new title is good, it makes this version stand more on its own, maybe.

--- That Girl - Cinematical has a couple new shots from Jennifer's Body, the Diablo Cody penned horror flick starring Megan Fox. Yup, there's Megan in a cheerleader's outfit. How many tickets is that worth alone? I'm thinking lots.

--- Under The Stairs - Guy Pearce has been cast in producer-hat-wearing Guillermo del Toro's remake of the 70's TV movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. Opposite Katie Holmes. Yeah, she's still there. Sigh.

--- Dawn of the Dicks - My lovely Michelle Trachtenberg, aka lil' Dawnie Summers from Buffy, has joined the cast of already-been-shooting-for-awhile A Couple of Dicks, Kevin Smith's new comedy. Dammit! Now I have to watch another Kevin Smith movie. Ugh. Like with Michael Bay movies (although not anymore with Michael Bay movies!) I always get sucked into seeing Smith's films and hating them. Although I've never disliked Smith somehow, he seems like a cool guy. He just makes terrible movies.

--- A Very Fine Place To Be - You know who I'm envious of this morning? Amy Adams. Because she just got cast in The Fighter, David O' Russell's boxing picture opposite Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg. Opposite those two, between them, whatever, I wanna be there.

--- Blame Shrinkage - Josh Duhamel is still trying to convince us that it was really really cold in the studio where he took his now infamous nudie shots. Dude, let it go. Those pictures were and are a blessing, not a curse. And if you're so intent on proving your dick is so enormous in the right temperature, prove that shit and show us. I have a ruler right here, dude. Hrm?

---Slasher Memories - Stale Popcorn rounded up a bunch of late 90s trailers for that Slasher renaissance post-Scream and it brought back a tidal wave of memories to this aficionado.

--- They Call Him Kurt - Thanks to StinkyLulu and Joe R. for rounding up some images of the studliness that was Kurt Russell in Silkwood. Mmmhmm.


Good classic trashy stuff. See more at those links above.

--- An American Werewolf In Memorium - BD gets quote from John Landis on the American Werewolf remake news they broke last week (sigh). Plus he talks about Thriller in this post-Michael world we now live in.

--- Jeunet Again - A trailer has appeared for Jean-Pierre Jeunet's next flick, called Micmacs A Tire-Larigot, and you can watch it over at Twitch.

--- And finally, thanks to everyone who sent me links for the naked shots of Ashton Kutcher in the foreign trailer for Spread (here's my round-up of pics from the tamer US version). Y'all are too too good to me. Here's a taste (more at that NSFW link):

.

2 comments:

Jwise said...

Kurt in 'Overboard' > Kurt in 'Silkwood'

Unknown said...

Kurt, it's great to watch the Kurt Russell movies from over the years...