Monday, April 13, 2009

Lisa P, Tilt-A-Whirl Girl Of My Dreams

.

I enjoyed Adventureland, although I don't know that it'll stick with me for very long. I did appreciate the way it kept its characters from becoming caricatures and it had a nice laid-back easy-going vibe, which I appreciate in a world of films that are constantly punching you in the face. But mostly... eh. I'm decidedly on Team Superbad in the Greg Mottola movie-verse.

But then there's Lisa P. Lisa P!


You go, girl! She cabbage-patched her way into my soul.
.

6 comments:

Joe Reid said...

Yeah, I liked the movie way better than you did, but I'm so glad you're at least onboard with Lisa P. I'd go wine-glass sniffing with her any day.

Jason Adams said...

HA! Yes! The wine sniffing! WTF!

I'm just not a huge fan of Jesse Eisenberg (although I didn't actively hate him like I have in the past), and I think that kept me from loving the movie. He's no Michael Cera!

Anonymous said...

I've heard this is based on Adventureland in Farmingdale, NY (Mah old stomping grounds! Practically everyone I went to high school with worked there at one point). Can anyone confirm or deny this? IMDB says it's set in Pittsburgh...

Joe Reid said...

The movie IS set in Pittsburgh, but I can't say it wasn't inspired by your Adventureland.

Anonymous said...

Yay, I thought it was! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventureland_(film)

IcyBear said...

Eisenberg IS no Michael Cera....
That's because he's a thousand times better and more likable imo. Michael Cera is such a whiny little pussy and he sounds like a child.

Plus he has no range as an actor. He plays himself in every movie. Steve does too but at least he plays a wide range of emotions.