Wednesday, April 08, 2009

If The Shue Floats

.
Has anyone seen Leaving Las Vegas lately? I haven't seen it in years and years and years, but I've been curious lately about revisiting it. I was so in love with Elisabeth Shue's performance in that film. Really I was just in love with Shue back in the day. I still do love her, but we get so little exposure to her anymore. Speaking of (via):

"A pretty interesting rumor just hit the web as it's being reported by Fearnet that the beautiful Elisabeth Shue - one of my favorite 80's chicks (Adventures in Babysitting, Back to the Future II, The Karate Kid, Cocktail) - is "a likely candidate" to star in Dimension Films' Piranha 3-D, their reboot of Joe Dante's classic film from 1978 being helmed by genre fav Alex Aja (Mirrors, Haunte Tension, The Hills Have Eyes). This is by no means "official" and should be taken strictly as rumor right now. Aiming for release on March 19, 2010 from Dimension Films, Aja's version takes us to Lake Havasu, Arizona, where a tremor causes the lake's floor to open, setting free scores of prehistoric piranhas..."

I wish this was actually a remake of Piranha II: The Spawning, where the fish have wings and can fly and do fly out of the water and out of their victim's ribcages. Delightful. And that James Cameron were actually the one remaking his own 1981 film. He loves underwater creatures and massive CG budgets, right? Imagine the possibilities! A hundred million dollars on flying killer fish. Damn. I guess, if this first one is successful, he can always think about it. Gimme a call, Jimmy, I gots ideas!
.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i love leaving las vegas. incredible story. incredible performances by both nicholas and elizabeth... gonna watch it tonight!