Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Giant Robot Mayhem Ho!

.

Well the good quality quicktime version of the Terminator Salvation trailer has shown its metal face online - watch it here - and man... against my better judgment I am quite satisfied by it. Excited, one might even claim. Lots of Christian Bale and Sam Worthington with their faces thisclose to each other, a hint of Anton Yelchin that I mistook for Jamie Bell for a moment, somebody's naked muscular calves picking up a really large weapon, and then a giant fucking killer robot with a gun for a head that appears to be shot (by the camera, that is) at a distance as opposed to Michael Bay's ridiculous decision to shoot everything in Transformers at extreme close-up so you have no clue what's going on? Sign me up! I don't want Transformers to ruin my enjoyment of Giant Fucking Killer Robots forever, ya know. I'd really like my enjoyment of Giant Fucking Killer Robots back. So bring it on... uh, McG! (Dear lord.)

I took screen-grabs!

.

2 comments:

Joe Reid said...

Wow, that DOES look like Jamie Bell. Alas...

Glenn said...

It really just looks like they took bits from The Dark Knight (the oh so seriousness), Iron Man (desert warfare) and Transformers (giant robots) and mushed them together with a new version of the Terminator mythology (bit of a cop out, actually, to just go about changing things because it fits into the plot).