Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Veronica Mars... The Movie?

.
No sooner do I proclaim myself too braindead to blog, than an actual news-story that tickles my fancy - and does this ever get a grip on my fancy and just tickle the fuck out of it - appears. Via EW.com:

""Kristen [Bell] and I ran into each other, and we did discuss a Veronica Mars movie," confirms Thomas, who says he has also had "a few conversations" with Mars executive producer Joel Silver.

"It's very tough to focus on it right now with two pilots on my plate," adds Thomas of his two ABC projects, a reworking of his '90s dramedy, Cupid, and an adaptation of the New Zealand series, Outrageous Fortune. "But as soon as I have any free time, that's my top priority."

For her part, Bell considers it a "major compliment" that people are still interested in Mars. "[Fans] still ask me all the time if the show's coming back. Emotionally, I don't want to think about Veronica Mars every day because it really does make me sad."

Regarding her recent chat with Thomas about a Mars feature, the star of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, perhaps not wanting to jinx things, flashes a Cheshire cat grin and says, "We'll see.""

Yeah, we'll see alright! We'll see until our eyeballs burst from the strain of blood flowing into them with hope, sweet hope. Or...something. Anyway, can I get a whoop-whoop?

No, I refuse to get my hopes too high for this - I had weeks upon months of those wicked high hopes that VM was going to be renewed for a fourth season back in the day, and they brought me nothing more than pain spiked with anguish dripping with booze-riddled profanities. So it'd be a lovely surprise, were this to happen. I will leave it at that, for now. (And I'll go home tonight and build a secret voodoo shrine where I'll burn my stash of Kristen Bell's hair that I obtained through trickery and deceit and I'll pray to the TV-to-Movie adaptation deities.)
.

1 comment:

Joe Reid said...

Don't get your hopes up about this. Don't. That way lies madness and pain. If I've heard one former star/creator of a cult TV show give sly little "we'll see" answers about possible movie ventures, I've heard a million.