Friday, December 14, 2007

Pushing Globes

.
Yesterday, in all my "I'm too cool for school" posturing about how I don't really care too much about the Awards shows this year, I somehow managed to forget that the Globes nominate television programs as well, and therefore never rejoiced at the news that a lil show around these parts we like to call Pushing Daisies received nominations for Best Television Series (Comedy or Musical), AND nominations for Best Actor and Actress in a Television Series (Comedy or Musical) for both of its leads, Lee Pace and Anna Friel! I mean... YAY!

Pushing Daisies is only, what, ten episodes in if even? Yes, a broad-side of early praise hits my Cynic's Alarm System and I worry that the show has nowhere to go but off the quality cliff from here, but all the same, these guys deserve a heap of praise, and perhaps this spells goodness for the show's stability.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to Lee Pace and Anna Friel and everybody involved with the show - especially my pretend boyfriend, show creator Bryan Fuller. You're all invited to my place for champagne and a debauched-yet-whimsical celebration!
.

3 comments:

Agnes B said...

Except for the blatant oversight of not recognizing Kristen Chenoweth, I think that a hearty "Huzzah!" is in order.

Jason Adams said...

WORD. No excuse for forgetting Miss Chenoweth.

And while she's certainly the most worthy, I'm deranged enough in my fan-boy tendencies towards the show that hell I'd be throwing nominations at Chi McBride and Swoosie Kurtz and Ellen Greene and the dog that plays Digby and Paul Reubens and Sy Richardson who plays the coroner. And Jim Dale for narration.

I could keep going, but I'll stop now.

Anonymous said...

I think there should be a statute guaranteeing Swoosie Kurtz an award every time she appears on screen...is that too much to ask?