Thursday, November 15, 2007

Anatomy of IN a Scene

I could've focused pretty much on every moment of screen-time that Billy Zane has in Dead Calm in order to highlight his hotness within - he spends about 95% of the film shirtless, bronzed, and glistening like a slab of well-oiled mouth-watering beef. But in the totally self-serving interest of not spending hours grabbing shots from the entire two hours of film - I love y'all, but not quite that much - here you'll find the scene in which he bares the most skin. Cuz... again, why not?


That last pair of frames make me uncomfortable - like, if the camera shifted over an inch or two we'd be witnessing Billy Zane's colonoscopy.

Anyway, I have to say - with no blasphemy intended, although it might certainly be blasphemous indeed - that Zane reminds me of nothing less than the sea-borne beauty of Alain Delon in Purple Noon here (and I wonder if someone's ever looked at these two boat-bound psychopaths together?). A shame Zane turned out to be such a ham; he really was something to behold early on. But we'll always have these stills to enjoy!

Oh, and what the heck - here are some random grabs from the rest of the film, since the internet seems to have, from what I've seen, a real lack of Zane-documentation from this film:

.

4 comments:

Joe Reid said...

You think you're blasphemous. All I can think of is, "He looks so much like young Brando!"

And then I laughed and I laughed.

Anonymous said...

"Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool guy."

Anonymous said...

And what's so wrong with seeing a young and bronzed Billy Zane's colonoscopy? I ask you!

Love Hard Male Nipples 1 said...

One of the Main Reasons I enjoyed ("Dead Calm") so much was exactly Because Billy Zane was ("Bare Chested")Through 95% of the Film aka most of the Film.

("Tanned") and ("Bronzed") Body was just the Icing On the Cake so to speak ("Bonus").


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox