Monday, October 08, 2007

I Am 3 Links

.
--- Frak Flash - Has anyone watched the first Battlestar Galactica webisode yet? It apparently aired during Friday night's episode of the new Flash Gordon, but seeing as how I will never subject myself to that godawful-looking series and I had guests all weekend I haven't gotten around to viewing it yet. Anyway, you can watch it at SciFi.com... it's only 48 days until Razor airs!!!

--- I think Kevin Smith really ought to feel relieved that the Weinsteins passed on his horror script Red State, seeing as how they poison all horror they get their ruinous fingertips on. You're free, Kevin! Free!!! Not that I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan by any definition, but still, he's got spunk, and nobody deserves their suffocating monstrous presence.

--- Cinematical has been doing a wonderful job so far this month focusing on all sorts of horror-flavored goodies, but my favorite post so far was posted yesterday - Scott Weinberg tells us about seven horror movies that we need to seek out that haven't gotten a real release yet. Ils (Them) is on there, as is The Girl Next Door, based on Jack Ketchum's book, that I spoke of here.

Also making an appearance is Wrong Turn 2, which is a straight-to-DVD sequel to the half-decent Eliza Dushku inbred-freaks horror movie from a few years back; Part 2 has been getting surprisingly good word-of-mouth (yes <--- a="" all="" as="" been="" far.="" for="" freaks="" getting="" has="" henry="" hillbilly="" i="" if="" in="" inbred="" indeed="" is="" it="" know="" let="" ll="" m="" me="" netflix="" of="" pic="" psyched="" rollins="" s="" said="" see="" so="" span="" special="" stars="" style="color: white;" that="" to="" tomorrow="" treat="" who="" y="" yay="">.
.

6 comments:

sparky2379 said...

i wasn't interested in 'wrong turn 2' until i posted that pic of henry rollins. you're an evil, evil man.

Anonymous said...

Henry Rollins is a sexy mo-fo. And I for one will be seeing this movie only because he's in it!

Cherita said...

Ooh, joy, I came in to leave a comment on Hank and I see that he's the draw on this post. Hank and I go back. Okay, not really, at least as far as he knows, but, yeah, he's the man.

Glenn Dunks said...

Oh man, I hated Wrong Turn. When they started running around in the canopy of the forest or whatever that was I just gave up.

PIPER said...

Seriously,

Do you really think Smith's script Red State was a real horror movie or just a tongue n cheeky one. I get the joke and it's a good one but I don't think it's a real horror movie.

Jason Adams said...

I actually, until this post, hadn't given Smith's film a lot of thought, Piper, but I could see that you're right. I, for the most part, hate Kevin Smith's films, so I hadn't been paying a lot of attention besides to hear that he'd been wanting to do a "horror" film and I thought I'd check it out if he was gonna try something different for once, because I like him outside of his movies; he seems like a really intelligent and funny guy. But I would not in the slightest be surprised if it did turn out being a jokey script and not a scary one, since that's his comfort zone.