Tuesday, August 28, 2007

RIP Bubba Nosferatu

Aww, that's a shame. From Horror-Movies:

"“[BUBBA NOSFERATU] is dead to me,” [Bruce] Campbell said flatly. “It sleeps with the fishes. Don Coscarelli is a very passionate filmmaker. We got to a few points [developing the screenplay] that we couldn’t reconcile. I want to keep our friendship, so we parted ways. So I’m not part of that project.”"

I'm not as huge a fan of Bubba Ho-Tep as one might imagine if one were to judge my likes and dislikes entirely based on the things I'm always foaming at the mouth about here - in theory it tickled my fancy but in actuality it felt a lil' flat, to me - but that certainly doesn't mean I wasn't looking forward to Campbell playing Elvis fighting a vampire. Cuz... seriously. But without Campbell, this thing shouldn't, and presumably will not, happen.

I don't really understand what enormous plot points within a plot consisting of "Old Elvis fights a vampire" could have reared their head between Coscarelli and Campbell to make their differences in point-of-view so immense they could never be reconciled, though. I mean... Old Elvis fights a vampire. Start to finish. The End. Right? What's there to haggle on?
.

No comments: