Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I Am Tuesday's Intensive Link

.

--- Gettin' Hitched - MTV has got an interview with Dan Fogler, the man set to play Alfred Hitchcock in the comedy-thriller Number 13. He gives us the basic plot for the film and I must admit, it sounds pretty delightful for a Hitch-geek like myself. Giving me pause is the realization that Fogler is the man currently seen getting smacked in the nards by a little girl in the trailer for the Ping-Pong-epic Balls of Fury... course, I imagine Hitch would've secretly chuckled at it, so who am I to judge? Fogler has a Tony, for god's sake! The film will also star Ben Kingsley, Emily Mortimer and Ewan McGregor, so this thing should, by all early estimations, rock.

--- They Liv - ShockTilYouDrop has got the exclusive trailer for The Strangers, that very-Ils-like movie starring Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman as a couple terrorized in their home by outsiders.

The Strangers
is listed as coming out sometime early next year.

--- Harvey's Great Promise - Stale Popcorn uncovers the Greatest Quote Ever from a NY Times article on I'm Not There - Todd Haynes' Bob Dylan biopic - and I just need to know: where do I send the bullets?

--- Variety has word on Takashii Miike's next film - "Kamisama no Puzzle" (God's Puzzle), a sci-fi romantic comedy based on a prize-winning, bestselling novel by Shinji Kimoto". Goddamn he works too hard; we only see like 1/8th of his output here in the States. What about that Spaghetti Western starring Quentin Tarantino? Will we ever get a glimpse at that?

--- More Laura Dern Face - FourFour gives good love to David Lynch's INLAND EMPIRE.

--- Looks like they're gonna go ahead with remaking Logan's Run without Bryan Singer onboard - Warner Brothers has hired "Commercial director Joseph Kosinski" to make his directorial debut. The good (or, at least, not totally unknown) word is that Tim Sexton is writing; he previously adapted last year's best film, Children of Men.

--- How Do You Say "Boo!" In Ten Different Languages? Check out this week's Horror Roundtable to find out.
.

3 comments:

J.D. said...

Emily Mortimer + anything = me go see.

Emily Morimer + Ewan McGregor + Hitchcock = BOOM [giddy screech]

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, man.

If I'm lucky I may get a chance to catch Miike's Django next month.

Anonymous said...

Emily Mortimer + anything = me go see.

A man after my own heart