Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Quotes Of The Day

--- Conan O'Brien, via EW, on being one of the two classic Simpsons scribes not asked to help write the movie:

"I cleared my talk show schedule for a year at great financial cost to myself, got an apartment right outside the Fox lot, and told them I was ready to report to work. All I heard back was that they were having trouble finding me a parking space, and then they stopped returning my calls altogether. I am stunned and disappointed.... Truth be told, I worry that the Simpsons-writing portion of my brain has been destroyed after 14 years of talking to Lindsay Lohan and that guy from One Tree Hill, so maybe it's all for the best."

--- From a review of I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry at AICN:

"I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry is the film that dares to say We're not gay. So NOT gay. In fact we are so not gay, we're gonna ogle Jessica Beil for like an hour. You wanna beer? I feel like I need a beer. Yeah, and I'll chase that down with some Jack Daniels straight from the bottle. Yup. So not gay. Dude, did I mention how not gay I was – so not gay that I tagged an entire shift crew at Hooters? All at once. Did I mention that? Yup. So not gay. But if I was, there'd be nothing wrong with that. So shut the fuck up bigot."
.

No comments: