Monday, July 02, 2007

Quote of the Day

I know nothing about this Siskel & Ebert Save Chicago play that's playing in, yes, Chicago, but Roger Ebert was asked about it on his website and here's what he said:

"I attended opening night in curiosity mixed with dread but actually enjoyed myself. It's manic slapstick, heavy on the four-letter words, very physical, with Gene as a James Bond type and me as a movie dork. They're pretty hard on Richard [Roeper], too. And Oprah and the mayor -- everybody, indeed, but Gene and the Roller Derby she-devils. But the most obvious flaw is that Gene is the hero and has all the best lines, including a closing soliloquy in praise of the movies that is so lyrical and touching, I might have written it myself."

So great to have Ebert writing again. And nice to see that he can still get a playful jab in at Siskel here and there.
.

No comments: