Monday, June 18, 2007

What I Missed In Jake

.

So there were a few Gyllen-developments that happened in the past week worth noting that my wonderful readers alerted me to upon my return...

First off, Jake felt comfortable enough - obviously sensing my absence from NYC - to parade around in a sleeveless shirt (above pics from JJ). If I'd have been here I would've sniffed that out in the air like a bloodhound, so well played, Gyllenhaal.

Next the rumor surfaced that Jake may be hitting the Great White Way this Fall, in a play called Farragut North, based on the Howard Dean presidential campaign of 2004. His purported role:

"The actor played a young, idealistic communications director who works for an inspiring, though unorthodox, presidential candidate. During the campaign, his career is done in by more seasoned politicos who thrive on poisonous partisan politics, dirty tricks and back-stabbing."

I wonder, if you buy a block of tickets for every single performance, do they give you a discount?

And finally, Jake performed onstage at a Rufus Wainwright concert. He did the spoken-word section of Rufus' new song "Between My Legs." First off - where's the video?!?!? I need video! And let's just say the world is fortunate that I wasn't there - and if I hadn't been out of town I totally would've had a ticket to the show, too! - because if I had been there, not only would I have been arrested, but the noise I would have emitted probably would've set off some sort of cataclysmic event.
.

No comments: