Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Today's Mood

So our apartment got busted into last night. Second time for me since moving to NYC seven years ago; first time for the boyfriend, and he's been in the same place for nine years. I think I brought a scent of rob-ability with me when I moved in with him last year... anyway, it sucks. They got his laptop, which means they got all sorts of MNPP stuff, which means, assuming they didn't just hock the thing immediately, they might be reading this, in which case a pox on you and all your kin. Ahem.

This is today's dream mood, as opposed to the actual trampled feeling I'm sporting:


Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood),
Dirty Harry

"I know what you're thinking.
"Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement
I kind of lost track myself.
But being as this is a .44 Magnum,
the most powerful handgun in the world,
and would blow your head clean off,
you've got to ask yourself a question:
Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? "
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. I hope everything turns out okay. Your blog is one of my favorites.

-a longtime reader

J.D. said...

I'm sorry. May their monkeys souls are destroyed with an all-consuming evil guilt, haunting them night and day, until they return the laptop.