Friday, May 04, 2007

More Fall Into The Ruins

After Jonathan Tucker was announced last week as having been cast as Jeff in the film adaptation of Scott Smith's book The Ruins, it was only a matter of time until the other three main characters would be cast, and here's they be (via BD) - Shawn "Iceman" Ashmore, the terrific Jena "Donnie Darko's girlfriend" Malone, and Laura Ramsey (whose claim to fame so far appears to be having been in The Covenant... poor girl).


We know Tucker's playing the character of Jeff, so that means Ashmore will be Eric - my favorite character - who reacted to the circumstances pretty much exactly as I'd forsee myself reacting... which, if you've read the book, means that yes, I'm basically admitting to being a shit under duress.

I'm guessing that Ramsey will be playing Jeff's girlfriend Amy and Malone will be Eric's girlfriend Stacy, but it could be the other way around I suppose.

Anyway, shooting begins at the end of this month in Queensland, Australia. I will be keeping an eye on this one... so stay tuned!
.

3 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

We have visited his blog-web and find it interesting, congratulations

There visits ours, the irreverent and iconoclast of the world,
is in Catalunya - Spain

Http: // telamamaria.blogspot.com

Thank you very much for the visit

Anonymous said...

I only hope that they can capture the simplicity of the book. What I loved about it is that everything in the book is so contained, the background info and flash back stuff is kept low and the tension build is slow in the best way.I could see the wrong people making a CG mess.

Jason Adams said...

I agree with everythhing you said (shocking, that). But I can't believe I haven't made you watch Bug Crush yet, the short film which was directed by Carter Smith, who's the guy directing this. It's got a palpable sense of tension throughout it that actually makes me think he could be perfect for the book. He doesn't strike me as someone who'd rely too much on CG.