Monday, May 14, 2007

Let's Go To Prison

.

From Variety:

"Icon Entertainment Intl. has picked up international sales rights to Christopher McQuarrie's upcoming feature project "The Stanford Prison Experiment."

Pic, set to shoot this October, is based on the true story of Dr. Philip Zimbardo's ground-breaking study of human behavior at Stanford U. in 1971.

Student volunteers were assigned roles as guards and prisoners in a mock prison, but the relationship between them degenerated so rapidly into abuse that Zimbardo had to abandon the experiment halfway through.

The movie, co-written by McQuarrie and Tim Talbott, will star Kieran Culkin, Paul Dano, Jesse Eisenberg, Charlie Hunnam, Ben McKenzie, Giovanni Ribisi and Channing Tatum."

I've spoken briefly on the Stanford Prison Experiment before (here), and then I did a gratuitous post on the adorable Mortiz Bleibtrau, the star of the German film on the same topic, Das Experiment. I said there I really hoped they'd use Bleibtrau again - basically cuz I just like to look at him - but now they've gone and gotten a couple of cast-members that can make me overlook Bleibtrau's absense... namely Mr. Hunnam and Mr. Tatum. I think I'll do okay watching the two of them roleplay guards and inmates...


Ahem. But even besides the lust-factor, this is a fine, fine cast of young up-and-coming actors. Really looking forward to this one.
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a real movie? That many orgasmic hotness machines in a movie about prisoners sounds like something I would create in my head!

Jason Adams said...

I think I have had this dream before.

Joe R. said...

Yeah, strangely enough, I'll be seeing this.

Jason Adams said...

That's so odd, Joe. I'm shocked, I say, shocked! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! [faints]

Anonymous said...

i always dream of him...2 2 2 2 2 2 hoooootttt....

Anonymous said...

I will definely see this movie!!! I love both Channing T. and Charlie H. ...

Does someone know's if Charlie Hunnam is dating, or single????