Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Am Link

A couple of these may be dated links, but my mamma-induced weekend coma kept me from commenting thereon...


--- Strike a pose! What is it about this new shot (above, via FilmIck) from Spider-Man 3 that seems... kinda Super-Gay to me? It must be the confluence of many factors - Topher's frosted tips, Spidey's wrist-flip and the slightly gratuitous framing of his spandex-suited backside (not that I'm complaining!) - all adding up to what seems like a still from the Gay Pride Parade. Just add the guy in this post (leave it to me to always be commenting upon the queerness of superheroes... no really, it's a speciality!) into the background and you've really sealed the deal.

--- She's got a Snuke in her snizz! The folks at 24 prove they've got a sense of humor by sending the guys at South Park a fake (or is it?) suitcase nuke as thanks for hilariously spoofing their show in that new episode a couple of weeks ago.

--- Once again, I must emit a slight "yippee" to the news that Quidditch falls by the way-side in the next Harry Potter film. The only book I've thought Rowling made Quidditch tolerable in was the last one we saw filmed, Goblet of Fire, and that was only because of the importance of the World Cup scenes. Guess we'll have to wait and see - 3 months! 3 months! - what role Quidditch plays, if any, in the final book...

--- Having just recently dislodged my head from my ass, I can only offer a link, and sadly not participate, to the terrific John Carpenter blog-a-thon at Lazy Eye Theater (link via TFE). There be loads o' links there; check 'em all out! With Robert Rodriguez aping early-Carpenter pretty hardcore in Planet Terror (to wonderful effect), it's like John Carpenter Week or something. Speaking of...

--- The Shape cometh... whether we wanteth it or not: Bloody Disgusting visits the set of Rob Zombie's Halloween remake.

Did y'all catch this thing's trailer before Grindhouse? SUCK-O- RAMA. Along with Zombie's Grindhouse faux-trailer being the weakest part of the entire Grindhouse experience, I am offically back on board with not wanting this movie to exist. And hey, listen, I really liked The Devil's Rejects, so I'm not a total Zombie-hater. But this just did not need to happen, period.

--- Mmmmmm bacon.
.

1 comment:

Glenn Dunks said...

There was one bit in the Halloween trailer I really liked for some unknown reason. The bit where the girl (is it the main one? I can't tell) is walking down the street screaming and Michael is right there. I dunno why that got me. Maybe cause it looks like it's just out in broad daylight. Who knows.

See, now, The Devil's Rejects was a wonderful throwback to my idea of what "grindhouse" movies are. I mean, there's random scenes of nonsense chatter (the ice-cream one springs to mind) with lots of nudity and violence and swearing and it looks sort of retro-ey. ...I have no idea.