Friday, October 20, 2006

Sally's Song


Dunno how I missed this way back on Friday the 13th, but Fabulist posted the mp3 of Fiona Apple covering "Sally's Song" for the upcoming soundtrack re-release for The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is a double-disc affair with popular artists of today (Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, etc.) covering TNBC tunes.

"Sally's Song" was always my favorite, though whether that was due to the lovely warbling of the amazing Catherine O'Hara or to the tune itself I won't know until I actually listen to this linked Fiona Apple cover. But, without having listened to it yet - and therefore, as usual, speaking out of my ass - I think Fiona's a good choice for covering it. She could practically play the part in a live-action version. We shall see.
.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Wow, every time I hear Fiona Apple, I can't get over how beautiful her voice is. That's a great cover.